- In general, for the nine months the volume of exports of animal products amounted to $ 2.3 billion, or 64% of total exports of food and agricultural products, - said Bogdanov.
According to the representative of the Ministry of agriculture and food, the share of Russian market in the structure of exports for the year has decreased by 5.5 items. The Belarusian farmers delivered their products to 65 countries.
- Many people have different opinions of such dependence. Although there is nothing serious. Belarus and Russia have common taste preferences, we just have to work with Russian counterparts, taking into account that Russian consumers are loyal to our products, - said Bogdanov.
However, he stressed that in the future the Russian market will be narrowed to Belarusian exporters. Primarily, due to the growth of own production in Russia. However, the niche on the Russian market will remain. The Ministry of agriculture and food is working on diversifying exports.
- We understand that the market will shrink. Russia invests in the development of its own production. Any country has both import and export. We are planning to keep the share of the Russian Federation and to develop cooperation with CIS countries, where we compete with Ukraine, New Zealand, Uruguay and Brazil. The main directions are countries of Asia, of the Persian Gulf and Africa - said the Head of the Main Department.
The strategy is already producing results.
- From far abroad countries this year approximately 56.7% of supplies accounted for countries in Asia. The main importers are China, Pakistan and the Philippines, - said Alexey Bogdanov.
According to him 36 dairy enterprises have been admitted for export to China. In fact, the Chinese market has been opened for Belarusian milk only this year. Exports have grown 12 times and exceeded $ 4.5 million.
- It is a small amount, but we are at the very beginning of the road, - said Alexey Bogdanov.
Read full article in Russian on DairyNews.ru